1. Don’t spam with your hashtags. Keep it simple (3-5) tags.
2. Make use of the right hashtags for easy recognition and visibility of your tweets.
3. Specific is better in hashtag marketing to reach out to audience interested in specific topics only.
4. Keep hashtag marketing simple. Don’t string to many words with a single hashtag.
5. Use the branded hashtag at the right time. Don’t constantly spam with brand updates only.
6. Advertising on trending hashtags is all about relevancy. Don’t force yourself onto users with trending.
hashtags that don’t make sense as it definitely won’t be a good experience for your followers.
7. Track and analyse your hashtags marketing to see if it is working.
8. Tweets with hashtags received 2x (2 times) more engagement than those without hashtags.
9. Tweets with one or two hashtags have 21% higher engagement than those with three or more hashtags.
10. Tweets that use more than two hashtags actually show a 17% drop in engagement.
11. Tweets with one or more hashtags are 55% more likely to be retweeted.
12. Without hashtags, a tweet has anywhere between 20 – 30% chance of being retweeted.